The Government vide Notification No. 27/2018 dated 13.06.2018 notified the list of goods, which may be disposed of by the proper officer u/s 67(8), after its seizure u/s 67(2) of CGST Act, having regard to the perishable or hazardous nature, depreciation in value with the passage of time, constraints of storage space or any other relevant considerations of the said goods. Below is the schedule containing list of such goods.
(1) Salt and hygroscopic substances
(2) Raw (wet and salted) hides and skins
(3) Newspapers and periodicals
(4) Menthol, Camphor, Saffron
(5) Re-fills for ball-point pens
(6) Lighter fuel, including lighters with gas, not having arrangement for refilling
(7) Cells, batteries and rechargeable batteries
(8) Petroleum Products
(9) Dangerous drugs and psychotropic substances
(10) Bulk drugs and chemicals falling under Section VI of the First Schedule to the Customs Tariff Act, 1975 (51 of 1975)
(11) Pharmaceutical products falling within Chapter 30 of the First Schedule to the Customs Tariff Act, 1975 (51 of 1975)
(13) Red Sander
(15) All taxable goods falling within Chapters 1 to 24 of the First Schedule to the Customs Tariff Act, 1975 (51 of 1975)
(16) All unclaimed/abandoned goods which are liable to rapid depreciation in value on account of fast change in technology or new models etc.
(17) Any goods seized by the proper officer under section 67 of the said Act, which are to be provisionally released under sub-section (6) of section 67 of the said Act, but provisional release has not been taken by the concerned person within a period of one month from the date of execution of the bond for provisional release.
Subscribe to Complete GST Library