36th GST Council Meeting, New Delhi
27th July, 2019
In the meeting held today, that is 27th July, 2019, the Council has recommended :-
A. Reduction in the GST rate on supply of goods and services :
(1) The GST rate on all electric vehicles be reduced from 12% to 5%.
(2) The GST rate on charger or charging stations for Electric vehicles be reduced from 18% to 5%.
(3) Hiring of electric buses (of carrying capacity of more than 12 passengers) by local authorities be exempted from GST.
(4) These changes shall become effective from 1 st August, 2019.
B. Changes in GST law:
(1) Last date for filing of intimation, in FORM GST CMP-02, for availing the option of payment of tax under notification No. 2/2019-Central Tax (Rate) dated 07.03.2019 (by exclusive supplier of services), to be extended from 31.07.2019 to 30.09.2019.
(2) The last date for furnishing statement containing the details of the self-assessed tax in FORM GST CMP-08 for the quarter April, 2019 to June, 2019 (by taxpayers under composition scheme), to be extended from 31.07.2019 to 31.08.2019.
(Note: The recommendations of the GST Council have been presented in this release in simple language for information of all stakeholders. The same would be given effect through relevant Circulars/Notifications which alone shall have the force of law.)
Subscribe to Complete GST Library